We started this tradition Halloween last year. The original plan was to do this on all holidays. It didn’t quite pan out for the rest of 2011 due to some unexpected issues more like drama. But, I’m making sure that it’s at least a Halloween tradition.
This craft was inspired by my daughter’s preschool. They helped the kids make a Christmas present for their parent. It’s a glass plate done as a picture frame. I totally loved it. Although, I never hung the plate in fear that it’ll fall and break and I can’t replace it.
This year, I have leftover plates, and napkins from last year. I found some confetti at my local 99c store, was able to get a new napkin design- the kids have grown and are excited about their costumes— we are ready to make our picture frame.
Here’s our finished frames.
Clear plastic plates
Napkins or Halloween themed gift tissue paper
Wire or Fuzzy stick
1. Glue picture on plate face down.
2. Cut pieces of the napkins in any shapes, size
3. Glue napkins, confetti on the plate like a collage
4. Glue a final piece over the whole back of the plate
5. Cut a piece of wire/fuzzy stick and glue it on the back of the plate.