Finishing What I Started

I made 3 Kanzashi flowers. One, I attached into a headband. The other two, I finished adding the tulle layer. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it, until I found two of my daughter’s hair clips, each missing a gem. The gems I have are slightly bigger and I do not have a rectangle…

Now she has a new pair of clips.

Until then,
HAPPY DIY

Advertisements

Trying Something New – Kanzashi Flowers

I’ve been trying to keep busy while I come up with all the supplies that I need for my biggest DIY project yet. In the meantime, this will keep me “sane”. I found these Kanzashi flower makers at Beverly’s, I also have scrap fabric from 5 years ago, when I re-attempted to sew clothes for my daughter during my separation-divorce, and I bought a pack of the rosettes thinking I’ll be making some sort of necklace with it.

I think I know where these will end up after I make a few more flowers. One flower [5 petals] takes about 20 minutes. Meaning, I can make a flower during my half hour lunch. I can’t wait for my daughter to learn how to make this!

I also finally have a reason to buy those scrap fabrics –

diy kanzashi flowers

Until then,
HAPPY DIY